People often get confused before going for a Hair Transplant since it is a selective surgery. They ask themselves, is it safe enough to undergo the procedure, is the procedure worthy of the cost, how much pain will be there, etc. Here we discuss some of the basics of Hair Transplant to help you clear all your queries –
- Hair transplant(also known as hair restoration) is a hair replacement procedure for both men and women. In this treatment, hair are permanently restored to the bald part of the skin by transplanting new follicles from the part of the head where healthy hair follicles remain. Hair transplant is the best procedure for male-pattern baldness or hair loss caused by other reasons. Enhance Clinics have to centers (Khar and Babulnath) for hair transplant in Mumbai.
- The length of hair transplantation surgery depends on the number of hair follicles being implanted and usually takes a full day.The process is completed under local anesthesia, although certain cases do require general anesthesia as well. The surgery is done by extracting the healthy hair follicles from the back of the head and implanted to areas of hair loss.
- The surgical procedure is done by transplanting follicular units (hair bundles in the scalp), with 1-4 individual hair in one bundle. The most common procedure follicular unit transplant (commonly known as FUT), which involves extraction of an entire strip of the scalp where the density of follicles is maximum (the extraction area is known as the donor site). After extraction, the follicular units are cut and individual follicles are separated before being transplanted to the recipient area.
- Another popular technique is follicular unit extraction (FUE), in individual follicular unites are extracted, one at a time and hence this process is more time consuming, but it does prevent he patient from having a prost surgical linear scar at the donor area. FUE, rather leaves tiny dots on the back of the head that can be visible if the hair are shaved. FUE is mostly preferred by men who come in the bracket of early to mid-level hair loss.
- The average number of individual hair follicles needed depends on the patient; anywhere from 3,000 6,000 follicles are possible to be transplanted in a day. The cost also relies mainly on the number of follicles that are to be transplanted. If the hair transplant cost in Mumbai is concerned, Enhance Clinics offer premium services at the most reasonable prices.
- The recovery time depends on the number of follicles that were transplanted. Patients do report mild pain, numbness and soreness in scalp immediately after the transplant is done.The surgeon prescribes medications to control such pain. Also, it is to be noted that its common for hair from the transplanted follicles to fall out initially, but the regrowth happens subsequently.In a span of 4-6 months, the normal hair growth can be seen. Enhance Clinics’ ability to provide healthy regrowth is why were are known for best hair transplant Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and in other cities too.
- Hair Transplant is not the surgical procedure known to produce complications. Some of the side effects may include scarring or inconsistent hair growth in the transplanted follicles. In case of patchy and irregular transplantation, the surgeon may be required to do a follow-up surgery.
To know hair transplant cost in Mumbai or to find top surgeons of hair transplant in Mumbai, contact Enhance Clinics (best hair transplant Mumbai).